A healthy smile is vital to our overall health and wellness. Our teeth and gums require routine care to stay healthy, comfortable, functional, and disease-free. NOLA Dentures and General Dentistry offer comprehensive dentistry to patients of all ages so they can enjoy optimal oral health and happy smiles.
What Is a General Dentist?
A general dentist is a primary dental care provider who diagnoses, treats, and cares for your overall oral health needs. General dental care includes various services, including cavity prevention and treatment, gum care, tooth-colored dental fillings, porcelain veneers, dental crowns and bridges, preventive education, and root canals.
Preventive Dental Care for Lifelong Oral Health
Our kind and knowledgeable team strives to prevent dental concerns when possible. With routine dental exams, teeth cleanings, and dental x-rays, we can identify oral health conditions in the earliest stages and provide the appropriate treatment.
Your dentist performs a comprehensive dental exam so he can evaluate the health of your teeth and gums and look for signs of decay and gum disease. Professional teeth cleanings allow us to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth and around the gums, so your mouth stays fresh, clean, and comfortable. Finally, we use digital dental x-rays to diagnose underlying issues––cavities, bone loss, cysts, infections––we can’t usually see with a visual exam.
The American Dental Association recommends getting a dental exam and cleaning every six months unless otherwise stated by your dentist.
Restorative Dentistry Improves Your Smile
Your dentist at NOLA Dentures and General Dentistry can repair and restore broken, diseased, or damaged teeth while protecting them and extending their function and comfort.
- Dental Crowns – Dental crowns protect, strengthen, and stabilize natural teeth that have experienced damage or decay.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – Tooth-colored fillings match your smile’s natural shade while repairing a tooth after we remove decay.
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers are thin, stain-resistant coverings that correct chips, cracks, and gaps while improving the overall appearance of a tooth.
Our team ensures your results are optimal and long-lasting with every dental treatment.
Natural-Looking Replacements for Missing Teeth
One of our priorities is saving your natural teeth, but we understand sometimes this isn’t possible. However, we offer custom, lifelike tooth replacements, such as:
- Dental Bridges – A dental bridge replaces a missing tooth, or a few neighboring missing teeth, by securing an artificial tooth. The bridge includes the replacement teeth and pontic crowns covering two healthy teeth on either side of the gap.
- Dental Implants – A dental implant is a permanent replacement tooth root a dentist surgically places in the jawbone. The implant is thin titanium, and your dentist attaches a dental crown on top of the implant, so your smile looks and feels natural.
- Dentures – Dr. Russell Schafer is a denture specialist, so we offer several types of dentures, such as complete dentures, partial dentures, one-day dentures, 3D printed dentures, and metal cast dentures. Modern dentures are removable prosthetic teeth that replace all or some teeth in the lower or upper arches of the mouth.
Based on Dr. Schafer’s assessment of your oral health and needs, he will develop a treatment plan to improve the health and appearance of your smile.
Contact Your General Dentist in New Orleans, LA
Dr. Russell Schafer is a denture specialist and general dentist in Gretna, LA, near New Orleans. Our team offers many other services, such as emergency dental care, cosmetic dentistry, children’s dentistry, gentle root canal treatment, and pain-free tooth extractions.
Our dental office is pleased to serve patients and families from all surrounding areas, including Gretna, Timberlane, Belle Chasse, Marrero, Harvey, Terrytown, and Woodmere.
Please get in touch with us today to schedule your dental appointment.
We look forward to caring for your one-of-a-kind smile!